The necessity of a man having balanced testosterone level is unquestionable. With dips in the testosterone levels you can suffer from a number of unpleasant symptoms , including hair loss , erectile dysfunction , low sex drive and muscle loss , gradually leading to andropause
On the other hand, optimum level of testosterone can make you:
- Sharp and most importantly
While the benefits of optimum level of testosterone are indeed many, most men often find it difficult to know accurately about their testosterone levels, and whether they have optimum levels of testosterone for their age.
But before you get to the bottom of the things, there are certain aspects you should learn about.
Basic Things To Know About Optimum Testosterone Levels
- When it comes to testing your testosterone levels, you can go for two tests- free testosterone and total testosterone
- Total testosterone is the measurement of total amount of testosterone (this includes free, SHBG-bound, and albumin-bound T’s) you have in your blood at the time of testing. It is measured in nanograms per deciliter or ng/dl.
- Free testosterone refers to the testosterone that is not bound to any other chemicals (often including albumin-bound testosterone because it can easily convert to free T). It is measured in picograms per milliliter.
- When you test your normal testosterone levels, it usually focuses on total testosterone.
- When determining testosterone level, it’s ideal to look at the reference range for men of your age. This is because, researches have shown that typically, T levels drop by about 1% every year after you reach your mid-30s.
- There are some other factors which can affect your testosterone level as well. These include:
- Injury to the testicles, if any
- Testicular cancer / any treatment for testicular cancer
- Hormonal disorders
- Conditions like HIV/AIDS
- Chronic liver or kidney disease
- Type 2 diabetes
Optimum level of testosterone
Typically, normal male testosterone level range is about 260 -1080 ng/dl as (which equals to 8.8 – 36.7 nmol/l)
But how will you know whether your testosterone level is optimal in accordance to your age?
Now here’s a chart telling you the Reference Range Of Testosterone Levels by Age
And what if you are found to have a little less than the “optimum level” of testosterone? Don’t lose heart, you have many treatment options to choose from. You can try:
- Going for a high testosterone diet
- Paleo Diet also helps
- Natural Remedies
- Using herbs
- Taking supplements
- Consuming testosterone boosting capsules
- Going for Testosterone replacement therapy
However, before you go for any of the choices testosterone treatment, make sure that you consult your doctor.
Incoming search terms:
- Normal Testosterone Levels by Age (3)
- Testosterone Levels Chart (3)
- testosterone of 8 8 (2)
- free testosterone 8 8 (2)
- testosterone 170 free is 8 8 (2)
- 260 testosterone level (2)
- testosterone level 170 (2)
- potimum total testosterone level (1)
- testosterone free 9 1 in females (1)
- testosterone 8 8 (1)
- testosterone 260 (1)
- testosterone level 260 (1)
- testosterone level 9 1 (1)
- testosterone level at 524 (1)
- testosterone level of 170 (1)
- testosterone level of 260 (1)
- testosterone level of 524 (1)
- testosterone levels in men chart (1)
- testosterone optimum age ng/dl (1)
- 170 free testosterone (1)